End User License Agreement
TL;DR: Purchasing a license gets you a single copy of an app including updates. You can't copy, share, or modify it.
Please read this End User License Agreement (“EULA”) before You purchase a License Key for the App and subsequently download and use the App.
By purchasing a License Key and/or downloading and using the App, You agree, without reservation to be bound by the terms of this EULA. If You do not agree with the terms of this EULA, please do not purchase a License Key and/or download and use the App.
If You accept the terms and conditions in this EULA on behalf of a company or other legal entity, You warrant that You have full legal authority to accept the terms and conditions in this EULA on behalf of such company or other legal entity, and to legally bind such company or other legal entity.
You may not accept this EULA if You are not of legal age to form a binding contract with Neat Software Co.
- In this EULA the expressions below shall have the meaning assigned to them in this clause, unless the context requires otherwise:
- “Confidential Information” — any and all information that Neat Software Co. discloses to You, whether in writing, electronically or orally and in any form (tangible or intangible) that is confidential, proprietary, or relates to shareholders, whether commercial, technical, financial, customer, supplier, product or production related;
- “Documentation” the detailed information about the App, its features and the system requirements as made available on the website of Neat Software Co., as amended from time to time;
- “Neat Software Co. License” the license for the App for the term specified on the webpage of the store where You purchase the license, or in any applicable agreement concerning the purchase of the license to Use the App;
- “License Key” a unique code provided by Neat Software Co. if you purchase the app directly, which enables You use the App;
- “App” any software application and/or all of the contents of the files and/or other media, including software setup files, licensed to You by Neat Software Co., including any Updates;
- “Updates” any modified versions and updates of, and additions to the App;
- “Use” the access, download, install, copy or get benefit from using the App in accordance with the documentation;
- “You” you, the final and ultimate user of the App or the authorized representative of a company or other legal entity that will be the final and ultimate user of the Neat Software Co. Mac App, and the company or other legal entity that will be the final and ultimate user of the App, if applicable.
- This EULA applies to any licenses granted to You by Neat Software Co. for the use of the App.
- By purchasing a License Key for the App and/or downloading and using the App, You enter into this EULA with Neat Software Co.
- You acknowledge that this EULA may be modified from time to time without prior notice to You. Such modifications will be effective upon posting on https://neat.software/eula.
- Neat Software Co. grants You a non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable, limited, revocable license to Use the App in accordance with this EULA. Neat Software Co. reserves all rights not expressly granted to You.
- Neat Software Co. is and remains the owner of any intellectual property rights with respect to the App. You shall not acquire any ownership to the App as result of Your purchase of the License Key or Your Use of the App.
Permitted use and restrictions
- In order to be able to install the App and receive Updates and upgrades, Your computer shall have access to the Internet and shall meet the system requirements.
- You shall Use the App on one computer only. If You exceed the limit, or share the License Key, Neat Software Co. may block the License Key in accordance with clause 9.3 of this EULA.
You shall Use the App in accordance with applicable laws and shall not:
- rent, lease, lend, sell, redistribute, sublicense or otherwise commercially exploit the License Key;
- assign the License Key or the Neat Software Co License without prior written approval of Neat Software Co.;
- Use the App for any unlawful or illegal activity, or to facilitate an unlawful or illegal activity;
- delete or alter any disclaimers, warnings, copyright or other proprietary notices accompanying the App;
- copy (except as otherwise provided in this EULA), adapt, translate, decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, attempt to derive the source code of, modify or create derivative works of App and the License Key or any parts thereof, except to the extent permitted by applicable law; or
- disclose Confidential Information unless if this is required by law or authoritative order.
- Neat Software Co. may modify the App at any time at its sole discretion and without notice to You, for example to comply with applicable law or a court order, to avoid a third party infringement claim or to provide Updates and upgrades.
Maintenance and support
- Neat Software Co. will notify You of any available Updates and upgrades.
- You will be entitled to receive Updates free of charge upon purchasing the License for the App.
- Neat Software Co. may at any time decide a major Update requires an additional fee in order to be able to download an upgrade.
- Any maintenance and support provided by Neat Software Co., including the provision of Updates and upgrades, will be provided in an adequate way on an “as is” basis without any warranty, as soon as reasonably practicable, subject to availability of personnel.
- The terms of this EULA will govern any Updates.
Use of data
- Neat Software Co. and its subsidiaries may periodically collect and use technical and related data concerning the App You have licensed, including about the version number of the App You have installed and about the system You have installed the App on. Neat Software Co. will use such data to facilitate maintenance and support with respect to the App, to improve its products and to provide further services or technologies to You.
- Neat Software Co. may process personal data with respect to You, if and to the extent necessary to provide the License Key, to provide maintenance and support to You with respect to the App and to comply with its obligations under this EULA. To the extent Neat Software Co. will process personal data, it will comply with its obligations under applicable data protection law. Please see our privacy statement for more details on the processing of Your personal data that Neat Software Co. has collected and received through its website.
- You Use the App at Your own risk and the entire risk as to satisfactory quality, performance and accuracy is with You.
- The App and accompanying documentation are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis without warranty - express or implied - of any kind, and Neat Software Co. specifically disclaims the warranty of fitness for a particular purpose. No oral or written advice given by Neat Software Co., its dealers, distributors, agents or employees shall create a warranty or in any way increase the scope of this warranty and You may not rely upon such information or advice.
- The liability of Neat Software Co. and any third party that has been involved in the creation, production, or delivery of the App for all damages arising out of or in any way relating to the Neat Software Co. License, the License Key, the App and/or this EULA shall in no event exceed the total amount(s) paid by You to Neat Software Co.
- Neat Software Co. and any third party that has been involved in the creation, production, or delivery of the Neat Software Co. Mac App are under no circumstances liable for consequential or indirect damages (including damage for loss of profit, business interruption, loss of data, and the like arising out of the use or inability to use the App).
- The limitations of liability referred to in clause 8.1 and 8.2 shall not apply in the event that: (i) any negligence on the part of Neat Software Co. leads to death or physical injury or (ii) damages arise from the intent, willful misconduct or gross negligence of Neat Software Co. or the management of Neat Software Co.
- This EULA will continue to be in force until the expiry or termination of the Neat Software Co. License.
- Neat Software Co. is entitled to terminate the License by blocking the License Key during the license term with immediate effect and without prior notice in the event You fail to comply with the terms in this EULA, in the event Neat Software Co. is required to do so by law or an order of an applicable court. Neat Software Co. may also terminate the License in order to effect your request for a fees paid for the Neat Software Co.
- Upon termination of the License, You shall cease all use of the App.
- You acknowledge that the provisions of this EULA, which by their nature are intended to survive termination, will remain in effect after termination of this EULA.
Governing law and disputes
- This EULA shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the United States, excluding its conflicts of law rules.